<VV> Florida Sqeeters & Jax Convention prep.

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 20:05:24 EDT 2009

We just hardly ever have mosquitos here.  Outside today was like  bending
over to take something out of a 375 degree oven and standing there  looking
in.   INSTANT heat blast & max. sweat.  I've been  doing a little work lately
with my Son - out in it, but 3 hrs. - starting at  7:30 AM, is my absolute
limit.   By then, as the Brits say, I'm  knackered.

I don't know about you guys, but I am working down a huge list of things to
 do and spending $$$$ like crazy to be able to pull out for Roebling Road
and  Jax.  Of course, bringing the VW Rialta 22 ft. motorhome(?) up to
dependability is a good part of it.  I found it derelict - encrusted in  black
mildew, sitting in an 84 yr. old's yard.  MUCH deferred maint.   If I can just
get the A/C down to meat locker range, my wife will ride in  it.   :-)
Should an inline 2.5 liter 5 cyl. be able to tow it's own 6,000 weight plus
 about 2,500 of a loaded Corvair?
Good thing it's flat land running - on this venture.

Joe Dunlap
60 miles north of Orlando

In a message dated 6/15/2009 11:51:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

My  memories of Florida mosquitoes go back to the days in the late '50's
when I was hitchhiking from Detroit to Miami and back-- mostly on US25  and

US27.  Maybe things got blown out of proportion in my  memory.

I do know they were worse than the Michigan bugs--which made  summertime
miserable (not the only things-95?+  temp. & 95%  humidity--but  ya'll have
that in Florida, no?

Scotty from  Hollyweird

**************Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal Everyday!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222865043x1201494942/aol?redir=http:%2F%2F
ad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215692145%3B38015538%3Bh)