<VV> GREAT OLD PROMO FILMS.

blblackmon at att.net blblackmon at att.net
Thu Jun 18 10:46:18 EDT 2009

I was in our local Big Lots last Tuesday, it's a surplus outlet, and ran across a 4 DVD set of old Nascar history. Included with it was one that turned out to be 2 old Chevy promo films sent out to dealers in 62 and 63. It compaired the new Chevy's with all the other cars of that year, Ford, Merks, Plymouth, and of course, Rambler. Yes, lots of corvairs too. One shows a 95 towing 33 tons of cotton trailers. Another a Corvain running through deep sand and up and down steep grades, with an econoline van unable to do the same thing. The worst thing was a 63 two door at the top of a sand hill in CA. They took a bulldozer and rolled it down this sand hill. 15 complete rollovers, and then showed how it would still start. Didn't try to move it though. The name of this thing is "Stock cars of the 50s and 60s. The one with the vairs is "Chevy Comparisons" with two films "Duel in the Desert 1962" and "Decision at Daytona 1963". It is well worth the $7.00 I paid for it. Just a heads up if you have a Big Lots near you. I hope to get busy on one of the vairs soon, to be ready for the 50th. BRUCE