<VV> 140 carb photos

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 01:24:03 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/18/2009 9:46:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rbuckridge at comcast.net writes:

I  have a two sets of 140 carbs. While trying to see if any of them are any
 good at all, I noticed some differences in the carbs.

I have posted  the photos and I look forward to your comments. Please email
your comments as  directed on the web page, so we don't tie up too much of
the Fastvairs &  VirtualVairs bandwidth.

Some simple basics - No secondary carbs on 140s ever had mixture screws,
but it was and is a common change to substitute primary bottoms for
secondaries.  Note that secondaries also had no vacuum port tubes vertical or
horizontal. So  Set A is a combination of piece parts. The "springed" linkage is
"66 style" but  actually was incorporated in mid-65. The spring linkage
utilized the lock shafts  on the secondary tops. (The shaft with no plate on the A
secondaries.

the bolt-on tabs may be a good indicator or not. They move with the screws.
 Set B is more indicative of the 65 (early-65) style carbs. No linkage in
the  secondary top, no choke lockout needed and set-up for solid (no-spring)
linkage.

The condition of the lower float bowls, the insides and the throttle
plate/shaft area will determine the best course of action.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette