<VV> Turbo everyday operation question

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 12:14:35 EDT 2009

I don't have a turbo (yet) and I have never driven one except around the
block at the local Chevy dealer.  My youngest son has been asking more and
more questions about Corvairs and, lately, turbos.  Concerning daily
operation in a stock (or mildly improved) EM or LM turbo just how long can you
"get on" the turbo before you risk engine damage.  I've told him that there
are gauges and a warning buzzer when over heat conditions come up and he knows
 how important oil temp is, but for you pressurized guys and gals out there
just  how long do you stay on the boost.  I knew a Swiss gentleman whose
wife  blew two EM turbo engines in their EM Spyder convertible by staying on
the boost  continuously on the autobahn, but I have no other anecdotal or
real world  experience on regular turbo operation.

How do you high pressure people use your cars?

Bob Hall
Group Corvair

fingertips.