<VV> Information to use in promoting the Corvair

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 22 13:33:20 EDT 2009

I'm looking to create a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of unique facts about the
Corvair that I can display on the car during car shows.  I want it
for those times that I am not able to present the car to those not
familiar with the line.   I'm hoping to generate more interest in
ownership by non-Corvair people.

I think I remember reading that the Corvair was not the first in some
areas like unibody construction, air cooled engines, and four wheel
independent suspension, but there must be a way of expressing the
fact that this was very unique to cars of the era.  I was thinking
along the lines of the firsts of cars over some threshold of
production, the first by American car manufacturers,  etc.

I have already created a flyer to pass out that has the NTCA and
CORSA blurbs and contact addresses on the front and the ten reasons
to own a Corvair on the back.  Driving/ car show season is the ideal
time to generate interest in Corvair ownership.

I would also like to know if anyone out there has the window sticker
of a 1965 four door of which they could e-mail me a copy.  I think it
would be a great little display item to attach to the rear window.

I won my first two plaques yesterday on Fathers' Day on my first time
to show my Monza.  The Peoples' Choice Award and the Event Owners
Award.  It's quite fitting that it happened on Fathers' Day as this
was the car that my father had owned.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
President / North Texas Corvair Association
CORSA
Corvaireum II

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110
Sierra Tan, Saddle, zero rust, PG, A/C, original AM/FM (still works),
clock (twice a day), tint, oil bath air filter, bumper guards, day/
night mirror