<VV> [SPAM?] Re: New Fuel inj turbo vair and Cooling Boosted Corvairs

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Mon Jun 22 13:36:02 EDT 2009

> Hi Frank.  Veeeery nice.  Please keep us informed!  Question.  Are you planning to use a BOV or wastgate or will water/timing be the primary protection against detonation?
>
> Jim Duane
> 180 Corsa CVT
> Colonial Corvairs
> CORSA

I have bov and will install after it gets running and tuned.
Wastegate is built into turbo and has very large 3" output to prevent any
boost creep. I have had to port other builtin wastegates due to inadequate
flow. Lots of detonation prevention: 1. modern turbo 75% + efficiency so
temps output is less, IC brings air into motor to close to ambient. That
alone does wonders as others have found. Good squish helps. Modern
ignition for strong spark. Safeguard to retard as needed. Have cpu
controlled Aquamist as backup if needed or to run more boost if red mist
happens.

regards,

frank