<VV> The Zabreskie Monza Rides Again!

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jun 24 22:36:07 EDT 2009

Today I took my silver blue 1963 Monza 4-door sedan out
for a spin around the block. Not too exciting a news
report - except that this car hadn't moved under it's own
power since Jimmy Carter was President!

The car was sold new by Zabreskie Chevrolet in Patterson,
NJ to the owner's sister. She drove it for a few years and
then traded it back in at her brother's dealership. For
some reason they never re-sold the Monza. It had a little
over 16k miles when it was traded in. Today it just turned
16,580 miles on the clock!

What a time capsule! This car is just like a two year old
used Corvair that you might have seen on the lot back in
1965. It is a very solid and rides just like Ed Cole
envisioned when he brought our favorite car to market.

I won't be able to get it down to the convention this
year, but it will probably make it to the DACC Homecoming
in August and might even see duty at the Woodward Dream
Cruise with some very special guests driving it! I love
all Corvairs - but this one has got to be one of the best
I've had the pleasure to own. I'd like to thank some
friends in the NJACE club: Tim Schwartz and Bob Marlow for
helping me arrange the purchase of this fine automobile.
It took almost a dozen years, but it was well worth the
wait. Thanks!! - Caveman Pete