<VV> Metro's - No Corvair

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Jun 27 09:47:44 EDT 2009

At 07:56 AM 6/27/2009, Rick Norris wrote:

>Dang!
>I thought you guys were talking about Nash Metropolitans!
>School chum drove one (his dad's) to high school. We used to see how many
>guys we could get in it and still drive. I don't remember what the number
>was.
>The big football players had a habit of picking it up and putting it in
>someone's yard.
>Rick Norris

Seems I recall some big college Back When had a dean who drove a
Metro convertible and the football team pranked it one evening by
picking it up and carrying it into the school and leaving it sitting
in the hallway in front of his office.   Someone was always doing
this to a small car somewhere sometime.

A guy at Coburg barracks in Germany who worked at the PX (or what
passed for the PX there, rather small post) had a Gogomobile, dinky
little potato shaped 2 cylinder car that was always parked by the
bowling alley (which had all of three lanes).   One evening a few of
the guys picked it up and perched it atop 4 garbage cans like it was
a monument or something.   I shoulda taken a photo...

One of the line squad sgts had a '69 Chrysler Newport that looked
like an ocean liner parked beside the Gogo.

tony..