<VV> spare tire \ tire pump

Ronald Choy ronchoy at comcast.net
Mon Jun 29 12:36:36 EDT 2009

I recently bought a small tire pump (Chinese made, where else). There
was a warning slip about the capacity of cigar lighter sockets. It
turns out that the compressor sucks just about the capacity of the
socket and I suppose, its wiring. Sockets in more modern cars have the
capacity. Corvairs don't. I wired my pump to clip directly to the
battery.
	I did try the pump on the original socket and the socket seemed to
stay cool. Still, clipping to the battery is ok by me.
  -ron 65,66