<VV> Engine Cooling Air Flow

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Tue Jun 30 13:24:25 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/30/09 6:04:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
sheridanma1966 at gmail.com writes:

John,

I'll tell you what I think it is and if I'm wrong,  I'll quickly be shot
down
:o).

Basically, there is no cooling air  until the thermostats open the doors.
The
fan just spins without moving any  air until the doors open. Of course this
assumes that all shrouds are in  place and operating properly.

Marc Sheridan

You've got that right; the air enters between the big fan and the turkey
roaster, gets spread out by centrifugal force; the turkey roaster causes the
air  to go downward, massaging the cooling fins, then to the lower plenum,
where the  doors control the air flow, stopping the flow of air until the
engine warms  up.
BTW, removing the lower plenum and doors induces better cooling but slows
the warmup considerably.

PLUG: look at fastvairs photos under the name of "cottysay" for improved
fan designs.

Scotty from Hollyweird

.

.