<VV> 1964 Radio

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Mon Mar 2 23:42:04 EST 2009

I'm in the process of converting a 1970 Cadillac AM/FM radio to an early
model faceplate for my 63 Spyder. I am using the instructions in the Tech
Guide as a guideline.

There are also several places on the web that will replace the guts of your
old AM to modern AM/FM Stereo with AUX jacks. They run about $400.00 for the
conversion. I have a buddy with a 64 that did it and he likes what he got.
The only draw back is mounting extra speakers other than two in the dash in
a convertible. I don't want to cut the door panels. I am designing boxes for
5-1/4" speakers that will fit under the seats. However, I am also looking
into small box speakers to mount way up under the dash to supplement the two
4" speakers in the stock dash location. I don't know which way I will go
yet.

Dave Thompson
63 Spyder Vert
Westminster, CA