<VV> Heater hose

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 3 21:00:32 EST 2009

I was finally able to drop the heater duct tonight in order to run
the main wiring harness through the tunnel and then over the duct and
into the cabin (had to drop the heating duct in the cabin to even
have a chance at accomplishing this).  Anyway, I'm taking a break
halfway through running the harness through the tunnel to take some
"family pictures" for that Tech Session that will likely result from
this (also need to get myself into the "group red" album on the club
web site  - and it IS a mess) as I feel that I am reaching the last
of the disassembly.
NOW, does the heater hose that a famous east coast vender sells for
the connection to the fan above the heater box (4"variety) also fit
on the connection to the plastic heater duct that I just dropped?
Apparently the one I had on there was original and it separated at
the top.  It MAY be salvageable, but I would prefer to replace it
with new hose as long as I have it this far apart.  I was HOPING to
have the car put back together and running by Saturday.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
President / North Texas Corvair Association
CORSA
Corvaireum //

P.S. It is highly recommended that you not set fire to the engine/
main harness connection ... ever.