<VV> Gas Cap Venting

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Fri Mar 6 00:49:44 EST 2009

Got tired of fuel sloshing out and running down the side of the Greenbrier,
so I replaced the locking cap with a "vented," non-locking cap from NAPA. Only
 trouble: the standard cap only vents in. So, when the van sets in the  sun,
a substantial pressure builds within the tank and remainder of the  fuel
system. While I will be changing to an electric fuel pump, I cannot help  but think
the pressure build up has been a contributing factor to the propensity  of
the van's fuel pumps to weep fuel from between the pump sections. Were  not the
original caps (pre EPA requirements) intended to vent in both  directions?
And, if so, is the original 2-way vented cap still available? Or,  other fix?

Mike Mauro