<VV> Corsa Air Conditioning Question

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 17:40:48 EST 2009

It's been a long time since I did my install, but isn't there a hunk of the
dash support that needs to be sawed out and a brace installed?
Jim

A new problem cropped up today while installing factory A/C from a donor car
into my 1965 Corsa.
When I installed the A/C control panel in the dash I discovered that the fan
switch horizontal lever will not move.
The switch works fine both mechanically and electrically when the control
panel is out of the car.
It's difficult to see the rear of the control panel when it's installed but
I think the bottom of the tachometer housing is interfering with the switch.
Could it be that factory A/C was not available on the 1965 Corsa?
Has anyone run into this A/C fan switch problem and found a solution?
Thanks for your help.