<VV> The new gas and accelerator pumps

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Sat Mar 7 14:16:15 EST 2009

So where or how do we find gas that has NO ethanol???
     Frank "wonderingly" Burkhard

In a message dated 03/07/09 11:49:54 Eastern Standard Time, gyoungwolf at earthlink.net writes:
I don't think it is totally coincidental that I spoke with someone last night who ordered a dozen new accelerator pump cups (because his 4 were toast after about a year) and then saw an article in today's newspaper that we are probably going to start seeing up to 15% ethanol in gasoline "in spite of auto and fuel systems parts manufacturers concerns that it is already causing fuel system parts to deteriorate with only up to 10%" (not to mention that our steaks will also get more expensive :-). And, "lack of a good pump squirt' is starting to be the complaint of many Corvair owners, even within a year or so of a rebuild. And, the less the car is used, the sooner the problem seems to occur. Many have probably heard about the problem with marine carburetors failing due to being clogged with fuel line debris and moisture problems as well as the complete failure of fiberglass gas tanks. This is not an attempt to start a thread or conspiracy theory, just a word to the wise.
The Carbmeister