<VV> ROCKER COVER COLOUR?

Arlette Carl arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 9 05:48:45 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

ROCKER COVER COLOUR?

I am currently restoring our 1965 Right hand drive Corvair Monza convertible. As part of this extensive restoration I am  restoring the cars engine (110 HP / Auto / Factory Air).

I have removed the engine & transmission from the car and while the body shell is being restored and painted, I am slowly restoring the engine.

My question is:

What's the correct colour for the rocker covers? I am guessing that it's 'black' but wondered if 'orange' as used other chevrolet engines is the correct colour?

Can some tell me the correct factory colour for late model 1965 Corvair rocker covers?

Regards from Australia (down under)

Carl L. Kelsen