<VV> 64 drainage paths

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Mar 9 10:36:03 EDT 2009

I have never heard of a Corvair rocker catching on fire.

However, I have seen many of them rust out. A foam that holds water would
make this much worse. Early 64 trunk lids had foam (and a way for water to
enter, just like rockers) and the rust was so bad they changed production
to a non foam filled style within the model year!

I would leave them open so they can dry. There are wax type sprays to coat
them internally to resist rust.

Frank DuVal