<VV> Car Covers and Dew

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 17:55:27 EDT 2009

Alan,

Yes, I have seen that kind of moisture as well.  I suspect that it comes from
one, the other or both sources we have been discussing.  To some degree,
moisture will rise from most surfaces you park a car on.  In addition, even with a
plastic sheet, air will still circulate under it unless you go to great
lengths to seal the edges.  In any case, I suspect the larger proportion comes from
the circulating air and dew.  After all, from whatever direction it comes, it
must be the circulating air that wafts the moisture from the ground up under
the tarp if it is water proof.

I agree completely that the best method to prevent condensation/rain, sun
damage, bird poop, etc. is to keep the vehicle inside.

Doc
1960 Vette; 1961 Rampside; 1962 Rampside; 1964 Spyder coupe; 1965 Greenbrier;
1966 Corsa Turbo Coupe; 1967 Nova SS; 1968 Camaro ragtop