<VV> PG Dipsticks

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 11 21:42:49 EDT 2009

Tim,

I don't know how many varieties there are, some have chrome handles and some
don't.... some are straight and some are not.....    Some fit inside the
filler neck and some don't... some have a flat piece as a stop and some have
a cup shaped piece....  etc.  But, if your question is a concern over
correct readings... at the next oil change (including filter), put in
exactly 4 1/2 quarts.  Run the engine for a couple of minutes and shut it
down.  After a couple more minutes - check the dipstick.  Oil level SHOULD
be right on the full mark.  If not, you can either try another dip stick or
just make a mental note of where "full" is on your existing dipstick.

Later, JR