<VV> 1964 7000 for sale....advice

David Houston judgehouston at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 09:02:56 EDT 2009

Last night I looked a 55,000 original mile, 1964 corvair 700 for sale for the asking price of $3500 BO. It was sold and garaged in Massachusetts until last August. It has AT,Radio,heater. It's the original silver blue paint. There is one spot of rust on the juncture of the right front fender and front right passenger door where rust started about two inches above the bottom of the rocker. It doesn't look like rock salt rust. What is pecular is that I've seen similar rust in that spot in original condition corvairs from dryer parts of the US. Was this a common rust spot due to design weakness and trapped water. This is a VERY old rust spot and the only one on the car. Unlike rock salt rust which weakens the metal all around an area, the metal is quite solid and even the rusted metal won't move easily when trying to flake it away. Any thoughts.