<VV> Car Storage / Mice / Snakes

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:16:15 EDT 2009

Was given a 66 Corsa turbo coupe with the purchase of another car, all I had
to do was drive to Lexington, VA and haul it out of the woods.  It was a
habit of mine to climb in and open the glove box to look for Protect-O-Plate
or other owner records. The car was burried in the mud, so I climbed in
through the open passenger window.... sat down in the passenger seat and
popped the glove box open. What cam out, at first, looked like a big snake.
I jumped high and hard enough that my head hit the roof and dented it. When
I came out of the car, I was on my belly, both arms and both legs
frantically trying to find traction. It was entertaining for my wife, and
the owner, I'm sure. When my heart rate dropped by half, II went back to
look at it, it turned out to be a mouse nest with a 6 foot rattle snake skin
runninig through it. I guess the snake had a nice dinner while he molted.

I don't open glove boxes from inside the car anymore!

George Jones
Performance Corvair Group
Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
Corvair Society of America (CORSA)(since 1987)
'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
'66 Monza Coupe Custom