<VV> VINs

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Wed Mar 18 19:01:52 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/18/2009 3:44:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
vairologist at verizon.net writes:

We all know the world rotates on the "dime" but what is fair for the  guys
with money should be fair for us.
It used to be!  But things progress!

In California:

  Originally... Vins were stamped on a Frame  [  chassis]  and the engine
number was recorded.  An engine change  required a visit to the DMV

Any sheetmetal could be swapped.

 Then came Unibodies.......anything can be Cut off and rewelded...  as long
as the Vins are intact.

 NOW  the VIN  even includes the engine number... or the  engine number
includes the Vin [ Vair 68-9]

Even Glass / Doors are now Vin'd!

My SpeedSkater had a Commercial chassis [ VW  floorpan ]   with 3 Vins!!
Gag!

 Those were Cut out and re welded...   legal!  as I  had receipts.. and it
was "off the books"

VW  Beetles have removable bodies.. so anything  goes..

I bought a 70 VW  Vert, already stripped and a totaled body...with  title and
current reg!!

pulled the windshield Vin tag and cut out the pan Vin [ hidden  ]   Glued and
welded those on the car.... cut the rest up and  recycled it! [ no record of
junking it].

Went down and transferred the 70 Beetle vert into my name!

 Car is now in another state... new owner had no problems!   I'd done my
Homework!

Matt.... sleeps soundly at night!

**************Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433363x1201394532/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doub
leclick.net%2Fclk%3B212935224%3B34245239%3Bb)