<VV> lower control arm bracket

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Fri Mar 20 11:51:34 EDT 2009

Tony:  I've not checked Clark's catalogue to ID the part number.  But I
believe you are talking about the bracket Crown Mfg bracket invented with
the creation of the first V-8 'Vair.  It's intended purpose was to change
the geometry of the read suspension, without having to change the chamber
adj bolts, to keep the rear wheel vertical during hard acceleration.  Which
you get when drag racing with a V-8.

Because the bracket changes the rear suspension geometry, it changes the
cornering ability of the car.  It will slide/oversteer much easier.  You
probably do not want it for a street car, unless you balance it with a posi
and large adjustable front and rear sway bars.

What Warren is telling you to do will restore the rear suspension geometry
to factory design.  A lesson learned back in the '80's.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice
                   CORSA member since mid-70's
                   Former Chairman of the Competition Committee
                   Member of original CPF Advisorary Committee
                   CORSA/CPF BoD member and CPF Liaison 1999-01
                   Occasional contributor to the Communique

Message: 6