<VV> engine area noise

Jay Ciampi jciampi at embarqmail.com
Sat Mar 21 13:02:01 EDT 2009

Hi guys,  I  am a "newbie" to the Corvair and its idiosyncrasies. While changing my points and condenser today and also replacing a leaky oil pressure switch,  when I started the engine up again I noticed a low "moaning" sound or howl coming from the engine on the drivers side of the car. It is not as noticeable on the passenger side of the engine. Is this a sign of a bad blower fan bearing?  I have no one in this area with a Corvair to talk to, so I am on my own except for the folks on this website.

Jay Ciampi
Lake Placid, FL.
Corsa member
1964 Monza cpe. 95 hp/PG