<VV> 3-Point Harnesses in Late Model

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sat Mar 21 13:03:49 EDT 2009

I will be installing 3-Point Harnesses in the driver and front  passenger
positions of my 67 coupe. I'm looking at both the Andover (which  I already have
in my Greenbrier...  http://rides.webshots.com/album/47500311dmuIHr ), and
Wesco  brands. It appears using the non-retractile style (of either brand) will
be  fairly simple, and will allow the use of the factory anchoring points.
However, using the more desirable, auto retracting style will, it  appears,
require relocation (reward) of the outboard retractor location:  there seems to
exist insufficient space between the seat and the inner  body channel to place
the retractor in the factory anchoring point  location. I would appreciate
hearing from others who have actually installed, or  have seen--first
hand--passenger-style, 3-point harnesses installed in a late  model coupe. I'm most
interested in knowing what was required to use the  auto-retracting style. And, if
the non-retractile style was used, the  degree of bother created in having the
belts "laying loose." Thanks  for any useful info offered.
Mike Mauro