<VV> The Tata Nano

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 22 15:29:18 EDT 2009

The Tata Nano is written up in the March 2009 issue of Automobile magazine.
They devoted 6 pages to it.
Ravi Kant, head of India's Tata Motors, wanted a cheap car that poor Indians
could buy. His concern was the terrible fatalities of bicyclists and
pedestrians in India, and that if they had better (albiet cheap)
transportation, the fatality rate would drop.
The car looks a little like a Smart; gets 60 MPG, weigh 1300#, and has 33
HP. (wadaya want from a 600 cc engine).

Harry Yarnell
Perryman garage and orphanage
Perryman, MD