<VV> Carl Sagan's Spyder

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 23 09:55:57 EDT 2009

The Sagan Spyder is in the possession of NFCC member Dennis Dorogi. He sent
me a few pictures awhile ago that can be seen here:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/233356382dqYpqr
Progress since then is minimal I beleive. It is salvageable, but would take
a serious restorer to do it. I'm sure Dennis will chime in here soon.
Other Corvair related pictures can be found at my other Webshots albums.
http://community.webshots.com/user/swi66

Gary Swiatowy

From: Arjay Morgan <n3lkz at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> Care Sagan's Car

Hulu, a new internet collection of really great (and some really bad) video
is broadcasting Carl Sagan's complete COSMOS series, which made quite a hit
on PBS years and years ago. Sagan is dead now, and there are several
foundations set up in his name.

All this got me to thinking that some years ago I saw a picture of a very
sad Corvair somewhere in the frozen north that was attributed to Sagan. It
strikes me that this may be the only sizable relic of a man who influenced
millions (only in Sagan-talk it would be 'billions and billions') of
people. Curiosity prompts me to inquire about this car. Where is it, what
kind of shape is it in, is it at all restorable??? This is just a germ of
an idea at this moment, where it goes, who knows?

Arjay Morgan
64 Monza Convert
in dry Florida