<VV> LM Convertible "Shimmy"

Eric Prosise eprosise at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:16:15 EDT 2009

Has anyone recommended swapping the front tires to the rear, and vice versa?  Have you tightened the lug nuts in the proper "star" fashion?  Are the lug nuts tight?

All three have caused various amounts of "shimmy" in either my Corvair or Jeep.  I drove my LM convert, right after I bought it,  from Des Moines Iowa, to Minneapolis, and it had some good shimmy at low speeds - I came to find out that some of the lug nuts were not tight on the front wheels.  Tightened the lugs, and the problem went away.

Eric P.

DeWitt, IA