<VV> 65 CORSA SHIMMY

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Tue Mar 24 12:25:07 EDT 2009

Hello Everyone:
> more often it comes into play at a
> certain speed and is not terribly violent - just a momentary wuga - wuga.

I'm not sure if it helps, but to offer some additional anecdotal
evidence, my '65 Monza convertible has the same momentary wuga-wuga
"feature".  It has been this way through 10 years, 2 sets of tires, and
a fresh set of steering components, bushings, etc.  All cocktail shakers
are present and accounted for.

The only difference is that mine usually happens right at 38mph, which
is a speed I normally hit when using an on- or off-ramp on the
interstate.  That's where I notice it most often.  My solution has
always been to go from 37 to 39mph as expeditiously as possible.

Steven "if only I could make it go 'boom-shaka-laka-laka' I'd have a hit
single" Serenska
'65 Monza Cvt 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe 140/4