<VV> ultravan#311

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Mar 26 19:26:26 EDT 2009

I just went through troubleshooting an engine with zero compression
on a couple cylinders.  If it's that low I'd suggest taking off a
valve cover and see if the pushrods go in and out when you turn the
engine before you go much further.  If they do, take the other one
off as well and hose the valve stems down with some sort of penetrant
or light oil.  Now see if the valves move with the pushrods.  If you
still don't have any compression, you may be looking at a piston or
valve seat issue.

--Bryan