<VV> lower ball joint insoectiobn

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 27 20:18:02 EDT 2009

Disassembled a '61 front suspension this afternoon. Believe it or not it still had an original spiral shock.

 Now #1 question:
 The lower ball joint should probably be replaced. When the lower one is sitting in the correct position with the threaded end up, there is vertical free play of about .100 or 1/10 of an inch. This does not look right to me. Seems like I remember the last full LM front suspension rebuild I did the ball joints were quite tight.

Second question; outer EM tie rods ends are different than the outer LM tie rod ends, YES???  Ref books seem to indicate this.

 MIKE KOVACS