<VV> carb linkage finish

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sat Mar 28 12:05:00 EDT 2009

Chris wrote:

"Hey guys, my first posting to VV using a Blackberry, pretty cool!

Had all the shrouds cleaned inc. Some tubes and carb linkage. Off to the
powder coater on Mon. I&#39;m thinking that the carb linkage and misc.
Should anodized clear? I basically just threw everything in a tote and had
it cleaned but no better that not EVERYTHING will be satin black. Am I on
the right warpath to believe that these parts were anodized clear?

Chris Mann"

Craig replies:

Wow, half a dozen comments about the BlackBerry and none regarding your
question.  Some help, eh?  At any rate, clear anodizing is not the process
you want. You would want to ask for Cadmium plating or a "Bright dip".
Anodizing is primarily used for aluminum.  While you are at it, pull the
balance tube, oil cap and whatever else you find that was silver. Generally
you pay by the batch. Back when I worked around the corner from a plating
shop it was a "drop it off on the way in and pick it up on the way home"
deal. Once I just gave them a bucket of Corvair bolts and had them all
dipped. It was really inexpensive.