<VV> Quick Steering Swap

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Mar 29 00:44:52 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/28/2009 5:56:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
schwasd at verizon.net writes:

I wasn't  planning to pull the gas tank for this project!

Go ahead and pull the tank.  You will be less likely to die from
apoplexy--and you'll do a better job.  I swapped a 66 into a 65 too long  ago to remember
which bolts I could reuse, but I cut off the weld nuts I  couldn't reuse.
The only important thing is to get the new column aligned  to the box and the
bottom of the dash to it turns smoothly--then you can anchor  the shaft to the
firewall and seal the opening.  Seth Emerson has a lot of  information on this
process as do others.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
steps!