<VV> Some questions for the knowledgeable...Thanks for the info...one more question

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com
Mon Mar 30 12:32:35 EDT 2009

Guys,
Thanks for all of the replies - some private; some on VV.  But at the
end I have another question I forgot to ask earlier.

1 - I don't know the smoke color - I only received an e-mail so far.

2 - I wanted to check about the springs before we started cutting them
down.

3 - I just replaced the top cover ('63 102) with one that had a good
feeling LM bearing.  I guess it wasn't as good feeling as I thought -
I'll have to grease it (I do have the tool).  Drats.

4 - Here is the fourth question: On a van engine with the side tube oil
fill/check - will oil drain out if the tube is removed - or is the oil
level below the tube?

Thanks,
Andy K.
Wisconsin