<VV> Some early questions about an early.

JKFG717 at aol.com JKFG717 at aol.com
Fri May 1 12:17:55 EDT 2009

I had the recently purchased 1960 700 out and about yesterday. It has just
over 50,000 miles. I wanted to change the oil and get a general feel for
the car. I noticed that when going up hill from a stop the Trans. slips. If
you  give it more gas it slams into forward. Any thoughts? Is a PG a
reasonable  rebuild at a tranny shop? I filled her up with gas while I was out. A
couple of hours later I noticed that the house smelled of gas. I have an
attached garage, all the doors closed. It was so bad that I thought the car had
 dropped a couple of gallons. I looked and felt underneath first, no fuel.
Opening the engine compartment it was more intense on the left side.
Looking  down the right side of the left carb with a flashlight I saw a drip and
noticed  the shroud was a little damp. I tightened down the top carb screws
and put a  tell tale blue paper around it and have not noticed any more fuel.
 Coincidence to the fill up? It was an easy drive on a cool day and I
worked on  the car a couple hours before the smell permeated the house. Any
thoughts?  Thanks, Jim
**************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
your area. Start now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221673648x1201419171/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html%3Fcat%3Dadbuy%26
src%3Dplatforma%26adid%3Dfooter:050109%26newurl%3Dreg_path.html)