<VV> Fw: Re: difference between a sedan and a coupe

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Tue May 5 13:35:15 EDT 2009

Now that I am no longer working I do not have access to the SAE
library and I do not remember the exact SAE number.  But I am
quite sure it is referring to the volume of the interior BEHIND the
front seat!  The original SAE specification was to insure enough
area to provide a second row of seating.  If there is not enough
room for the second row of seating the vehicle is called a coupe.
If there is enough room for a row of seating then the vehicle is a
sedan.

Once again, ALL Corvair passenger cars [not to include FCs]
have enough room behind the front seat for a second row of
seats they are ALL considered to be sedans ... It has nothing
to do with the number of doors or the presence of or lack or
pillars.  A vehicle with a foldable soft top is a convertible sedan.
Ken P