<VV> late model identification?

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon May 4 23:40:16 EDT 2009

At 01:52 PM 5/4/2009, airvair at earthlink.net wrote:
>All,
>
>The '68 and '69's all had the thicker padded dash and dash front (radio
>surround). Other than color, there was virtually no difference in these
>parts. The "A" pillars were also padded, but the '69 had fine grain vinyl
>rather than the '68's coarse grain vinyl.

Was it my brane malfarctioning when it seemed to me that the '68
A-pillar and radio surrounds seemed smaller than the '69s?

I compared the stuff in the red '68 coupe with the stuff in the blue
'69 coupe here last year for funzies to try and id a padded pillar
molding, and the '68 seemed thinner (the one I had turned out to be a '69).

I'm wondering if the different vinyl material covering the different
years' parts could have anything to do with "shrivelling" over time.

...if not, I'm just gonna chalk it up to breathing too much lacquer
thinner vapor.

(this doesn't apply to the dash pads which ARE different in the '69s)

tony..