<VV> rapping lifter

Ronald Choy ronchoy at comcast.net
Tue May 5 00:21:25 EDT 2009

I got collapsed lifter noise today.  It didn't do the usual going
quiet in a couple of miles.  40+ miles and it's still rapping. Darn.
It's been too long and I don't remember, but dosing the engine oil
with ATF sometimes help. How much should I use? Two tablespoons?  1/4
cup? 1/2 cup?

	BTW, I hated the thick padding on our 68-500. Cracks took only a few
months to appear. I hated the look, and I hated the thick crooked
padding. And the extra long ignition key. I finally removed the dumb
pad and liked it much better. I never get around to changing the A-
pillar pads.   Early lates are better than late lates!  -ron 65,66