<VV> body styles

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue May 5 10:11:38 EDT 2009

The term "sport sedan" is (begrudgingly) acceptable, as that's what Chevy
Marketing called it, even if it IS a misnomer. BUT you have to be sure to
include the first word. Without it, a misnomer becomes flat out incorrect.

At least my illustration pointed out why it's best to use proper
terminology - so we all know precisely what each other is saying. To say
one thing and mean another always, ALWAYS bears a risk of being
misinterpreted, the consequences aside.

To me, a sedan requires a full-length "B" pillar (the proper
industry-recognized definition). So if you say merely "sedan", I am left
wondering "early 2door or early 4door?

-Mark