<VV> Odd Rattling Noise in an LM

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed May 6 17:23:36 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/6/2009 2:13:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shortle556 at earthlink.net writes:

Can the  clutch cable be rattling on the bottom floor covers?

The pan pieces (long and the short back one) have pieces of insulation
glued down that keep the cable from hitting the metal pan, but the cable drags
on them and saws through after a few years.  Check to see if the pan is
still straight and not bent upwards too.  I glue scrap pieces of  insulation
or soft plastic on the pans to replace the originals and Clarks used  to sell
precut pieces.  Maybe Lon does too.  Be sure the clutch cable  is adjusted
properly to reduce slack to the minimum and check for wear at the  swivel
pin on the clutch back crossshaft.

Still cheaper than a new flywheel and the first thing I would check.   I
have never had a Dale flywheel go bad.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
**************Remember Mom this Mother's Day! Find a florist near you now.