<VV> What colour - LM fresh air knobs?

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 9 01:26:01 EDT 2009

Carl,

Thanks for your very informative follow up to the original question.

I suspect that you are at least partially right - that black ones (or any
color for that matter) may have been painted at times in order to keep the
production line moving.  But, I also suspect that there were differences in
how various factories did the knobs.  Some - W for example - may have had a
better supply of colored plastic (opposed to painted) than other locations.
Just ask the Canadians about the differences in Canadian VS US built Vairs -
of the same model year.

I doubt there is a truly definitive way to answer the question 45 years
after the fact.

Later, JR