<VV> Cancellation of the BeaveRun Event

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Tue May 12 10:00:01 EDT 2009

As noted here recently, registrations for the Northeast Corvair Council's track day at BeaveRun have been lagging dramatically, such that the NECC has been forced to consider canceling the event and forfeiting the track deposit.  While a few good people stepped up during the past week and indicated their intention to participate, registrations remain less than half the number needed to reach our break-event point, and they remain substantially less than what we usually see so close to the date of an event.

We have reached the day where we must fish or cut bait, because the balance of the track rental fee is due and the insurance premium is  due.  And so the NECC committee has made the difficult choice to cancel the event.

Cancelling, even though it will cause the NECC to forfeit the track deposit (which is more than $3,600.00), is now the better option than running with too-few entrants.  If we pay the balance of the track rental fee and the insurance premium and run with the number of entrants we can now foresee, our loss will be greater.

This is a most disappointing situation, because the track gave us what we considered to be an excellent Saturday date, and the hotel worked with us to give us a complimentary room to be raffled off among our participants.  But we are not able to take advantage of these benefits.

If you have already registered, you will receive your choice of a refund or having your entry fee applied to a future event.  If you have already made your hotel reservations, remember to cancel those reservations.

The NECC looks forward to seeing everyone at Roebling Road on Sunday, July 12, for the combined SECC/NECC track event in conjunction with the CORSA Convention.

Brian O'Neill
NECC