<VV> EM Rear shock pulled apart while on Lift

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Fri May 15 07:57:32 EDT 2009

Just noticed my '64 with left rear wheel drooping lower than normal.   Has
been on my lift (wheels not supported) for maybe 4 - 5 months -  although I
rolled it out a couple of times.  Rear shock rod in bottom  half of shock
has completely pulled out of the top half of the shock.   These are Clarks
HD's - I think.  Been on there maybe 7 yrs., but have few  miles on them.

I've never seen any tip that one should NOT leave EM rear wheels
suspended/unsupported on a lift.

Any comments?

Joe Dunlap
Cen. Fla.