<VV> Raising Air Cleaner

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri May 15 11:42:10 EDT 2009

Better flow to the carbs, the column of air down the crossover
doesn't want to make the sharp turn at the end.  The reason the
aftermarket filters Fitch put on the Sprints worked better isn't the
surface area of the filter (on two carb engines it's less than
stock), it's getting rid of that turn.  A smoother turn would also
work, see http://autoxer.skiblack.com/airfilter.html for a photo of a
GB install with smooth bends.  The '60 housing, BTW, probably doesn't
have this issue since it has those nice smooth bends in the hoses.

--Bryan