<VV> Tranny stuck in 4th gear

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun May 17 09:01:00 EDT 2009

It's a REAL problem if you are stuck in fourth gear and it's a three speed!
TLH

   It happened to me years ago but, on 3rd gear (4sp box) in the Rampside.
The 3-4 sliding gear got stuck due to a broken tang of the 3 ones that keeps
that gear in position. Gearbox disassemblying was a must.

   Daniel Monasterio

> From: johngull at bellsouth.net
> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
> Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 23:46:01 -0400
> Subject: <VV> Tranny stuck in 4th gear
>
> I need some expert advice on what might be wrong with 4 speed tranny in a
> 1965 Monza. While returning from a club event today, I realized that I
> only
> had one option for 4th gear or no gear with the clutch in. It sure made
> for
> an exciting adventure with red traffic lights and stop signs! Shifter
> wants
> to start to move, but tranny will not release from 4th. No previous
> indications, just happened. Many thanks
>

> John Gull

> Change your options:
the property