<VV> Wiring the relay to the inertia shutoff switch

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 17 12:08:17 EDT 2009

I got my relay hooked up and the pump is running.  When I tried to
attach the inertia switch, I could not get the right series of
connections in the right order to get it to operate.  I have checked
the switch with a circuit tester and it does function properly.  I
connected the harness wire and the positive of the inertia to (85) on
the relay and grounded the inertia to the body.  No pump.   I then
tried to combine the inertia ground and the relay ground (86) on the
relay, but again, no pump.

What am I doing wrong?

Stephen U