<VV> Oil pressure shut off for electric fuel pump

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 17 14:52:14 EDT 2009

First, I got the inertia switch attached and working.  Thanks to all
of you who have responded.  Needless to say, you have saved me hours
trying to figure it out on my own, and your assistance will be the
reason that another Monza is moving out of group red and onto the
streets where it belongs generating interest in Corvairs - and
perhaps making some converts.
Now, I was looking at the oil shut off from Clarks.  It looks like
the alternator/oil filler assembly will have to be removed in order
to install it.  There are no installation instructions included with
the part.  It only mentions (and includes a diagram) that the
assembly will allow the original pressure switch to be attached and a
brief description on how the devise works.

I have spent 10 ten hours just this weekend and 15 hours in the last
two weeks before -not to mention the countless hours since this all
started in September, trying to finish this project (wiring harnesses
replacement, installation of inertia and oil pump shutoff, and
reassembly)

Sorry for all of the questions, but none of this is to be found in
the '65 manual.

After this, replace motor mount, oil/filter change, oil pan gasket
replacement, reattach air filter assembly, and road test.

Stephen U