<VV> Heater Bellows

Jim Corey jcorey at escapees.com
Tue May 19 22:58:04 EDT 2009

I got a lot of thermostat bellows.  Similar to Corvair, but not.  They're in boxes labeled NAPA Thomson thermostat.  Part number is 127 (replaces 20-6423).  The box says made in W. Germany for NAPA/Standard-Thomson.  The height (contracted) is about the same as the Corvair.  The diameter is about 1/2" bigger.  The fittings are the same as the Corvair--one end accepts a bolt, the other a rod.  Stamped on one end is 85/90 degrees.  I take that to be centigrade. (Approx. 180 degrees???).  I put it in the toaster oven, and after about a minute and a half, it began expanding.  Doesn't seem to have any liquid inside (shaka-shaka). I called Thomson (now part of Stant). The "expert" I talked to said they NEVER have had such a part. Local NAPA couldn't help.   My Internet searches didn't help.  Any thoughts.  I'd like to know what they went on, so I could get them to an needy user.

J Corey
'63 Corvair Convertible
'62 Greenie
'64 Coupe (oops, down right now)