<VV> Starter opinions

JKFG717 at aol.com JKFG717 at aol.com
Thu May 21 11:23:41 EDT 2009

Greetings all My starter on my 65 110 is starting to act up. Doesn't engage
 every time, sounds like it's scraping or grinding when it does. I'm pretty
sure  it's original. Changing it out is no problem. My question is: why are
prices all  over the map for a rebuilt? East coast vendor $192-$240, less
core, Ebay west  coast vendor $133, less core,  all include solenoid,  Rock
Auto $84,  starter & sol. I am sure I'll get it from a vendor but why the
wide range  and any opinions on rebuild quality from our vendors?