<VV> Turbo Carb question

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu May 21 18:06:15 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/21/09 2:21:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
deltainc at grm.net writes:

Subject:  Re: <VV> Turbo Carb question
******
Like wimmin, you are better  off just accepting a YH "carburetor " for what
it can do; don't try for  perfection (g) ...  and like wimmin, they are
best
when  they  are running wide open, working hard ... when you give them time
to slow  down and "idle  around"  they get very erratic and weepy  ...

10-4 on those leaky diaphrams  ....  buy them by the pack  and keep the
tools
to install a fresh one real handy in your travels ...  in the same road
E-box
as your Jitterbug phone,  flame flares, space  blanket, short barreled 12
gauge, etc. etc.

I did install a ( Grose  ? Jet ) double ball type float valve set in my 66
and that seemed to be an  improvement in that area.

The YH is kinda disappointing, it is SO close  to being a pretty good
carburetor.

just some trivia.. ken campbell,  deltaguy

Why not use an SU or Zenith carb?  they have lots of experience with  small
engines.

Scotty from Hollyweird

.